Sunday, June 13, 2010

Retired May 12th

The title means just what it says. To the people who read and enjoyed or read and disagreed, and really for anyone who read this ever: thank you.

My decision to leave the game before the level-cap increase developed gradually. At first I thought I'd stick around just to see how the game changed, but then I realized how much treadmill grind would be involved. The truth is that I don't have the time to devote to any real study of the upcoming changes, and I've lost my optimism about the potential quality of the new content.

I love the people I've met and played with, but it's time for me to move on. Quitting while I'm at the top of my game seemed like the best thing to do.

Barring Marduk gear and Gjallarhorn, I had nothing left to get for my bard -- I had Smithing at 95 and even the resources to cap it, if I wanted. The time and energy involved in those tasks, though! Yikes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the game and exploring the possibilities of the Bard job. I wish all my LSmates and those who are continuing to play the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment